Protecting the Environment
Centrum Pile Ltd cares about the environment in all its forms and recognises that concern for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of its business. Centrum is aware that its factory affects the environment.
Our objective is to balance our business aims with our commitment towards protection of the environment.
We commit to:
- Conduct our operations and maintain all our facilities in line with our commitment to fulfill our compliance obligations, and prevention of pollution consequent to our actions.
- Demonstrate continual improvement of our environmental management system to enhance our environmental performance.
- Work with our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment, through the implementation of our purchasing policy and procedures.
- Maintain an open information policy towards all parties affected, interested and involved in our activities and to issues which concern the environment.
- Respond to the needs of its employees, the concerns of local communities and other interested parties.
- Maintain a trained and competent workforce, provided with appropriate resources to continually ensure the environmental policy is implemented in full.
Centrum Pile are corporate partners of the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, the county’s leading conservation charity run by local people for the benefit of local wildlife. Centrum Pile are also corporate sponsors of the Beacon Hill Conservation Park in Newark, and a business supporter of the Nottinghamshire Nature Reserves Fund. The Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust campaign tirelessly for wildlife, protecting threatened habitats and species. They influence government policy and local planning decisions that affect the future of wildlife and the quality of the environment.
Holly McCain, Senior Development Officer at Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust commented:
“It is heartening that Centrum Pile recognises the importance of investing in and protecting their local environment and will be working with our conservation team to improve their site in Newark for wildlife. Also by sponsoring the Trust’s Beacon Hill Conservation Park as part of the Nottinghamshire Nature Reserve Fund, we look forward to Centrum Pile’s staff visiting the nature reserve and seeing how their company is funding wildlife conservation work on their doorstep”.
Centrum Pile has recognised that concern for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of its business. They conduct their operations and maintain their state-of-the-art facilities in line with a commitment to enhance their environmental performance. Working with suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment, Centrum Pile maintain an open information policy towards the concerns of local communities and all other parties affected, interested and involved in their activities and to issues which concern the environment.